Appeal following assault in Fareham
Hampshire Police are investigating an assault in Fareham which left a 49 year-old man with a cut to the back of his head and a suspected fractured eye socket.
At 5:50pm on Sunday 14 January the victim and his wife were involved in a verbal disagreement with a group of between ten and fifteen teenagers on West Street. The victim and his wife reported that he was subsequently assaulted by a teenage boy.
The victim was treated at QA hospital in Cosham where he received stitches to the cut on the back of his head. He is now recovering at home.
We would like to speak to members of the group, including two people who have been described to us as follows.
The first person is:
- A teenage girl aged between 13 and 15 years-old.
- Dark brown straight hair.
- Between 5ft 2ins and 5ft 4ins tall.
- Medium build.
- She had a rounded face.
- She was wearing skinny blue jeans and a dark coloured black jacket with a fur type edging on the hood.
The second person is described as:
- A teenage boy aged between 15 and 16 years-old.
- Around 5ft 6ins tall.
- Thin build.
- Clean shaven.
- He was wearing a grey hooded top with the hood pulled up, tracksuit bottoms and was riding a bicycle.
If you have any information relating to this case, please call 101 quoting reference '44180017673', or contact Crimestoppers anonymously